ROWAN UNIVERSITY POLICY
Title: Grants Disbursed By the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Subject: Office of Sponsored Programs
Policy No: OSP:2014:03
Issuing Authority: President
Responsible Officer: Vice President for Research
Last Reviewed: 12/19/2014
The purpose of this policy is to establish guidelines for the expenditure of funds are received from grants disbursed by the Unites States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President for Health Sciences, the Vice President for Research shall ensure compliance with this policy. The Deans, Associate Research Deans, and the respective Department Chair/Unit head shall implement this policy.
It is the responsibility of every faculty and staff member who is involved in any financial expenditure of funds received from grants disbursed by EPA, on behalf of the University to be fiscally responsible and to exercise appropriate financial controls.
A. Pursuant to 40 CFR, Section 33.301, Rowan University is committed to employ good faith efforts to use disadvantaged businesses, including small businesses, minority-owned firms, women's business enterprises, and firms in labor surplus areas, for procuring goods, services, and equipment, whenever possible.
B. To the extent permitted by law and whenever practical and within the best interest of the University and the use of public funds, Rowan University will procure goods and services in a manner that includes small businesses, minority-owned firms, and women's business enterprises.
C. In order to meet the aforementioned goals the University incorporates the following practices in all open public bidding for projects or tasks funded through EPA disbursed grants:
- Rowan University will publicly advertise all bids on the State of New Jersey Business Opportunities web page. All businesses that register with the State as small businesses, minority-owned firms, and women owned firms are directed to look for business opportunities on this page.
- All bid packets will include the minority and small business outreach packet for subcontractors.
- Rowan University will, when practical, break down larger projects into smaller ones that are more accessible to small businesses, minority-owned firms, and women's business enterprises.
- Rowan University, when soliciting for quotes for services or goods below the bid threshold will solicit quotes when possible and practical from small businesses, minority-owned firms, and women’s business enterprises.
- Rowan University will utilize the services and assistance, as appropriate, of such organizations as the Small Business Administration and the Department of Commerce's Minority Business Development Agency in the solicitation and utilization of disadvantaged businesses.