1. Attachment A – Employee Time Entry
EMPLOYEE TIME ENTRY
- Payroll cannot process any time sheets that are not completed and approved by the Pay Period Time Entry Status date, which is 9:00 a.m. on the Monday following the last day of the pay period. All hours worked must be correctly recorded on the employee’s WTE time sheet and confirmed by the Approver by the Pay Period Time Entry Status date on the department summary form.
- Employees may enter their hours worked throughout the pay period instead of waiting until the end of the pay period. This allows the Approver time to review time sheets during the two week pay period. Employees can make changes to their hours as long as the time sheet is in an In-Progress status.
- In addition to reminders sent electronically by the WTE software, each unit has identified an employee to remind the unit’s employees regarding when their WTE time sheet must be completed.
- Time may be entered, and approvals given, in advance of the deadlines. In the event that the data were inaccurately predicted (e.g., an employee had to work instead of taking vacation, or was sick instead of worked), the employee must complete a Time and Attendance Correction Form and submit it to Payroll Services as soon as possible.
- Unless otherwise noted, all employees must submit their time no later than 9:30 a.m. on the Friday of the last day of the pay period, and Approvers must perform their review and submit their approvals by 2:00 p.m. on that same day. SOM employees who work on Saturday must complete their timesheets at end of day Saturday, and their Approvers must complete their review and approvals no later than 9:00 a.m. on Monday, which is the Pay Period Time Entry Status date.
- Timeliness of time entry and approval is monitored to ensure compliance.