ROWAN UNIVERSITY POLICY
Title: New Membership in Greek Social Organizations
Subject: Student Life
Policy No: SL: 2016:07
Issuing Authority: President
Responsible Officer: Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students
Last Revision: 08/01/18
Last Reviewed: 08/01/18
The purpose of this policy is to notify students, faculty, and staff of the specific criteria that governing membership selection for social fraternities and sororities at Rowan University.
Under the direction of the President, the Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students shall implement and ensure compliance with this policy.
This policy is applicable to all students of Rowan University.
- Joining a Greek social organization without fully complying with all University requirements' regarding eligibility is strictly prohibited. Both the individual student and the organization will be subject to disciplinary action for new membership violations.
- The following requirements pertain to students joining all Greek social organizations. Full-time matriculated students are eligible for new membership when they have:
- Attained a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and have successfully completed enrollment of at least 12 credits at Rowan University (including credits that may be basic-skills level).
- Filled out and submitted the "New Member Registration Form" to the Office of Greek Affairs.
- Filled out and submitted the "Information on Indemnification and Hazing for all Greek New Members Form" to the Office of Greek Affairs.
- Completion of the "New Member Workshop" presented by the Office of Greek Affairs.
- First semester transfer students admitted through the transfer admissions process will be required to submit an official transcript from their previous institution to verify cumulative GPA eligibility.
- Students matriculating through the Educational Opportunity Fund/RISE program must complete 24 college level credits and seek the approval of their counselor prior to joining a Greek-letter organization.
- Students admitted through the Rowan Choice program are unable to participate in Greek Life recruitment until they complete the Rowan Choice program by transferring to Rowan University and meet the requirements for new membership in Greek Social Organizations.