Duo will protect Confluence as of Saturday, Nov. 27. Please visit go.rowan.edu/change for more information.
ROWAN UNIVERSITY POLICY
Title: New Membership in Greek Social Organizations
Subject: Student Life
Policy No: SL: 2016:07
Issuing Authority: President
Responsible Officer: Associate Vice President for Student Life
Last Revision: 08/01/2020
Last Reviewed: 08/01/2020
The purpose of this policy is to notify students, faculty, and staff of the specific criteria that governing membership selection for Greek social organizations at Rowan University.
Under the direction of the President, the Associate Vice President for Student Life shall implement and ensure compliance with this policy.
This policy is applicable to all students of Rowan University.
- Joining a Greek social organization without fully complying with all University requirements' regarding eligibility is strictly prohibited. Both the individual student and the organization will be subject to disciplinary action for new membership violations.
- The following requirements pertain to students joining all Greek social organizations. Students are eligible to receive a bid or invitation to membership when they have:
- Enrolled as a full-time matriculated, undergraduate student
- Attained a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Completed a minimum of 12 credits at Rowan University (including credits that may be basic-skill level) or transferred to Rowan University with a minimum of 12 college credits from another college or university. If a student is a first-semester transfer student, the GPA from the most recent institution will be used to determine eligibility.
- Whenever a student has an established GPA at Rowan University, that will be the GPA to determine the student's eligibility.
- If a student is a first-semester student at Rowan University and has at least 12 credits from military service, that student will be eligible to join a Greek organization if they do not have an established GPA.
- Students matriculating through the Educational Opportunity Fund/RISE program must complete 24 college level credits and seek the approval of their counselor prior to joining a Greek-letter organization.
- Students admitted through the Rowan Choice program are not eligible to join a Greek social organization until they complete the Rowan Choice program by transferring to Rowan University and meet the requirements for new membership in Greek social organizations.
- Office of Greek Affairs staff will verify the student's eligibility to join a Greek social organization.
- Students are responsible for:
- Submitting an official transcript from their previous institution to verify cumulative GPA eligibility (first semester transfer students only).
- Submitting the "New Member Registration Form" to the Office of Greek Affairs.
- Completing the "New Member Workshop" and any additional new member programs presented by the Office of Greek Affairs.