The new version of MAC OS X, 10.10 (Yosemite) is expected to be released today, Thursday October 16th, and is currently incompatible with the ClearPass registration system and potentially other services at Rowan.

Page tree


Title: Grade Change Policy

Subject: Academic Affairs

Policy No: AA: 2016: 02

Applies: University-Wide

Issuing Authority:  Provost/Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs

Responsible Officer: Deans

Adopted: 08/01/2015

Last Revision: 12/14/2016

Last Reviewed: 02/04/2016 



The purpose of this policy is to outline the University's process for changing grades.


Under direction of the Provost, all Deans and Department Chairs shall implement this policy and all faculty shall ensure compliance with the policy.


This policy is applicable to all students of Rowan University.


  1. Change of Grade

    1. Grades are subject to change under the following conditions:
      • Incompletes: A grade of incomplete (IN) may be changed to a letter grade. 
      • Errors: A grade calculated or recorded erroneously may be changed to the grade actually earned.
      • Disputes: A disputed grade may be changed if the student appeals it successfully. A disputed grade differs from a grade recorded in error in that disagreement over evaluation or application of criteria rather than miscalculation or clerical mistake is involved.

    2. The policies for these three conditions differ substantially. Students are advised to read each section of this policy carefully, paying particular attention to the respective timelines herein.
      • A request for change of grade is appropriate only when an error has been made by the professor in calculating or recording a student's grade or when an "Incomplete" has turned into an "F" and the student has met all requirements, for the course.
      • In cases of a need to change a final grade assigned for a course, the time limit for confirmed contact of the professor who awarded the grade is twenty (20) business days, not including summer, into the semester following the one in which the grade was recorded.
      • If the professor is unavailable or fails to respond by the 30th business day of the semester, students have an additional ten (10) business days to contact the department chair.
      • Where the department chair and the instructor are one and the same, twenty (20) business days suffice before the student can move on to the next step.
      • Students should retain evidence of their attempts to reach either party, in extraordinary, rare, and compelling circumstances beyond the control of the student, these limits may be extended, and changes may be made only with the written approval of the course instructor, when available, the department chair, and the dean.

    3. A change of grade is not a substitute for an "Incomplete." If a student has work missing at the end of a semester –exams, papers, assignments to be written or rewritten – an "Incomplete" may be assigned if circumstances warrant.

    4. It is not appropriate to use change of grade to alter P/NC to A-F grade or vice versa after the completion of the semester unless an error has been made. In designated courses a student may request a P/NC option before the end of the drop-add period during the semester in which the course is taken as noted in university policy. Students who do not declare an option for P/NC before the end of the drop/add period are to be graded on the A-F scale.


  • No labels
Error occurred during template rendering. Contact your administrator for assistance.