Duo will protect Confluence as of Saturday, Nov. 27. Please visit go.rowan.edu/change for more information.
ROWAN UNIVERSITY POLICY
Title: iPad Cellular Data Activation Policy
Subject: Information Resources and Technology
Issuing Authority: Vice President for Information Resources and Chief Information Officer
Responsible Officer: Vice President for Information Resources and Chief Information Officer
Last Revision: 08/26/2014
This policy sets forth the approval method for activation of cellular data by an authorized cellular carrier for Apple iPads by University personnel.
Under the direction of the President, the Chief Information Officer and the University's Chief Information Security Officer shall implement and ensure compliance with this policy. The Vice President for Information Resources and Technology (IRT) and other members of management will implement this policy.
The Office of the Vice President for Information Resources and Technology has implemented the following policy for requesting cellular service for Apple iPads . IRT reviews these requests in regards to Rowan University employees in accordance with this policy.
- "Authorized Cellular Carrier" – Rowan University authorized cellular companies as defined by the Office of Purchasing and Procurement
- "Cellular Service" – The transmission of non-voice data via cellphone or other mobile device.
- "IRT" – Information Resource and Technology
- All use of iPads must be in compliance with the University's Acceptable Use Policy and Mobile Computing and Removable Media Policy
- Rowan University recognizes that the performance of certain job responsibilities may be enhanced by the provision of communication devices. This policy establishes the method for approval of an Apple iPad with cellular data service for Rowan employees.
- A device acquired by a department and provided to a Rowan employee is considered to be University property and will be used only by that employee for official University business purposes.
- Department Responsibility
- Determining whether the employee's position requires an iPad device with cellular data activation based upon job duties and responsibilities
- Determining the source of funding for cellular data service
- Verify appropriate use with employee on a regular basis
E Employee Responsibility
- Ensuring that the device is used for University business only. The University recognizes that incidental use not initiated by the employee is possible, but under any circumstances it should be both infrequent and non-routine. The University also recognizes that there may be emergency or extenuating circumstances under which an iPad is needed for personal use. Those occasions must be rare and non-routine in nature.
- Ensuring the physical protection of the device from damage and unauthorized use
- Ensuring the device is returned to the University when it is no longer needed or if the employee terminates employment with the University.
Requests for Apple iPad cellular data service activation will be submitted to the Office of Information Resources and Technology as outlined in the iPad Cellular Data Activation Procedure
- NON-COMPLIANCE AND SANCTIONS
Violation of this policy may subject the violator to disciplinary actions, up to and including termination of employment or dismissal from a school, and may subject the violator to penalties stipulated in applicable state and federal statutes.
By Direction of the CIO:
VP and Chief Information Officer