This policy applies to all Rowan University employees attending to the investment and management of the managed Assets of Rowan University.
- Broker - an individual or organization that sells investments.
- Budget & Finance Committee - the standing Committee of the University Board of Trustees (the "BOT").
- Fiduciaries - individuals who undertake an obligation to exercise prudence, responsibility and authority in making decisions in connection with managing the assets of the Foundation (or as further defined by applicable law).
- Foundation - the Rowan University Foundation.
- Investment Committee - the Committee of the Foundation Board of Directors that oversees the management of the investments of the Foundation.
- Investment Policy Statement - this policy.
- Managed Assets - assets, funds, or investments managed by the Foundation's Investment Committee.
- Money Manager / Investment Manager - the individual or organization employed to manage the investments of all or part of the Managed Assets. A Money Manager / Investment Manager can provide services in a variety of ways including separately managed funds, ETFs, etc.Broker - an individual or organization that sells investments.
Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act (UPMIFA) as adopted in New Jersey on March 9, 2009.