ASA wants to help you get the data you need to make informed decisions. If you are not able to find the information or data you need on this website, please contact ASA directly for specific data requests, as well as requests for changes to Banner.
Please review the steps below for instructions on how to submit those types of requests.
Request New Banner Codes
As the University’s data hub, Banner is a critical resource for students, faculty and staff. Therefore, any changes to the system that may affect the interpretation of data must be fully evaluated and approved by core data collection offices. Such approval is vital to ensuring consistency in reporting University data.
Offices can request a use, definition, addition or retraction of new or existing codes or data fields in Banner. Such requests must be submitted through the Banner Properties & Standards Form in Banner Self Service. Each request will be formally reviewed and approved by IRT, taking into account the needs of the requesting office and the best interests of the University.
To submit a request, please take the following steps:
- Log into Banner Self Service
- Click on the "Employee" tab
- Click on the "Banner Properties & Standards" link
- Enter your Banner ID and PIN and click "Login"
- Create your request by entering all information as thoroughly as possible (requests with incomplete or insufficient information will be delayed)
- Click the "Create" button in the upper left corner of the screen when you are done to submit your request
To request data from ASA, please fill out the ASA Request form. That form also allows you to view previous requests and track the progress of requests from start to finish.
Multiple data requests must be submitted separately. Once your request form has been received and assigned to a member of the ASA staff, you will be contacted directly to clarify the specific information you need.
ASA receives many requests daily that are added to a queue and fulfilled on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is important that you plan for you needs as far ahead as possible. Each request requires a minimum of 10 business days for results.
Guidelines for Requesting Information or Services
- Plan ahead. When making your request, please take into account the time required to capture and report the information you are requesting, especially if you have a specific deadline. Please contact ASA for an estimate of how long it will take to complete your request.
- Be specific. Identify critical questions you want to answer. Do you need undergraduate enrollment or total enrollment? Do you need that data for the fall or spring semester, the current year or previous year? Do you want to track a variable over time? The more specific you are about the questions you are trying to answer, the more useful the information you receive will be.
Generally, ASA reporting reflects official 10th day enrollment data per semester. If you require information that is either "live" or historic, please include those details in the request form.
If you need help or have questions, please contact ASA at 856-256-4146.